From Athens International Airport (AIA)
The Athens International Airport (IATA Code: ATH) "Eleftherios Venizelos" is well connected with daily flights with all major European, and most International Airports. Once in AIA, there are numerous ways to travel from Athens to Patras:
- By Conference Shuttle: Please view the dedicated webpage for updated information - click here.
- By car: Patras is located 233km west of Athens. The journey is a 2,5 hrs drive along E94 and E65 highways; E94 is connected to the airport. The journey is safe and comfortable. Car rental services are available at the airport . See details about the route in Google Maps.
- By train: There is a train station at the airport (suburban rail). The line connects the airport to Athens, Pireaus, or SKA, and then passengers may take the line to Patras. The route is used by many passengers on a daily basis. There are instructions and guides about line changes at the stations, as well as inside the trains. The ticket office may guide you, where to change line. See details about the route in Google Maps.
For addtinal information: Traveling from/to Patras/AIA by train Hellenic Train
- By bus: Busses travel on a 24hr basis from AIA to the Central Bus Station in Athens (KTEL). Passengers may take the bus and arrive to Patras within 2,5hrs. Busses arrive near the City center, and provide easy access to local transport .
From Araxos Airport
The Araxos Airport Patras (IATA Code: GPA) is located 30km west of Patras. It is a small airport serving mostly local and charter flights.
- By car: The airport is located 30km west of Patras. Car rental services are available at the airport .
- By local transport: Multiple options are available, inlcuding local taxis and buses.
If you need help selecting means of transport, contact SMART2023. We will be happy to provide advice and guidance to find the best way to come to Patras.
From Italy by Ferry
Patras is connected to the ports of Venice, Ancona and Bari. The route is accommodated by multiple Ferry Carriers. Duration and provided services depend on the carrier. For additional details you may check the carrier websites (ANEK Lines, Minoan Lines, Super Fast Ferries) and/or ticket scanner services (ferryscanner, rome2rio, etc.). Please, note the SMART2023 is NOT affiliated with any of these carriers or services.
In case of emergency
Patras is considered to be one of the safest cities, with a very convinient street plan making it impossible to get lost in the city center. However, in case of emergency, you may contact the following numbers (toll-free):
- 112: European Emergency Number.
- 100: Police.
- 166: Medical Issues.
- 199: Fire dept.